Celebrate Social Wellness Month Using Promotional Products
How well are you socially? How is your relationship with your friends or co-workers? The celebration of Social Wellness Month offers an opportunity for you to answer these questions. Social wellness means nurturing yourself and your relationships. Building healthy relationships is vital to your health. The risks associated with being alone or isolated can be comparable to the risks associated with cigarette smoking, blood pressure, and obesity.
WHAT IS SOCIAL WELLNESS?
Social wellness means giving and receiving social support. This means you should ensure that you have friends and other people, including your family. This way, you have someone you can turn to in times of need or crisis so you can a broader focus and positive self-image. With social support, you can enhance the quality of your life and a buffer against adverse life events. Social wellness comes in different forms:
- Emotional. Also known as tangible support, it refers to the action people take to make someone else feel cared for.
- Instrumental. This type of support refers to the physical such as money and housekeeping
- Informational means providing information to help someone
STUDIES ON SOCIAL WELLNESS
One of the earliest studies on the physical and psychological benefits of social support was in 1905. Dr. Joseph Pratt, an internist from Boston, gathered a group of tuberculosis patients together to educate them about hygiene in relation to their illness. The “support group” provided early evidence of the power of psychological support in physical health and healing.
One of the earliest studies on the physical and psychological health benefits of social support was in 1905. Dr. Joseph Pratt, an internist from Boston, gathered a group of tuberculosis patients together to educate them about hygiene in relation to their illness. This "support group" provided early evidence of the power of psychological support in physical health and healing.
The research yielded the following results:
- People who have a strong social network tend to live longer.
- The heart and blood pressure of people with healthy relationships respond better to stress.
- Strong and social networks are associated with a healthier endocrine system and healthier cardiovascular functioning
- Healthy social networks enhance the immune system's ability to fight off infectious diseases.
GROWING YOUR SOCIAL SUPPORT
Here are some tips on how you can strengthen social support:
- Join a gym or exercise group to meet new people while working out
- Take a walk with your pet. Start a walking routine to have more opportunities for you to meet your neighbors.
To commemorate Social Wellness Month, you can give out imprinted products for strengthening your support network. There are many promotional products that you can give to show gratitude to your friends and family for continuing to support you. Here are some examples of custom promotional products you can to boost your social wellness:
Exercises & Gyms with Logo
Working out can give you an opportunity to meet other people. Having regular exercise can help boost your self-confidence. It can make you look and feel good about yourself so that you can be confident enough to establish relationships.
Wellness & Safety
Wellness & safety products can help ensure that you have will be in the clean bill of health. If you are healthy, it means you are socially well. You will have the confidence to mingle with others and build relationships.
Yoga Mats with Logo
Yoga is a popular technique that promotes wellness.. With yoga mats with logo, you can practice meditation and reflection anywhere anytime. They can be easily carried around so you can feel well at your own pace.
These custom imprinted products can be effective reminders about the importance of social wellness as we celebrate Social Wellness Month.